Monday, April 18, 2016

Pregnancy Update #3:

I am 37 weeks and we are so close to meeting baby girl! As I get closer to the end I am starting to have little freak outs like I don’t want to go through labor again, now we have two kids and of course I’m still super emotional that Adler isn’t our only child anymore (I seriously had no idea I would react like this). But I am also so excited to have a second child and to see her interact with Adler and to have a little girl to dress up. I can’t wait to hold her for the first time and to experience all the firsts with her. She already has my heart and I love that our little family is growing. 

33 weeks:
Appointment:
This appointment went smoothly. I’m measuring 32 weeks. My doctor said that labor signs typically appear sooner with the second child so that all the symptoms I was experiencing were totally normal for baby #2. I also pre-registered at the hospital. This is getting so real!

Lifestyle:
She is still really high. I get kicked and jabbed in the ribs a lot! I am also going through energy spurts. Some days I have a ton of energy and some days I have zero energy. Sleeping at night has become difficult. 






35 weeks:
Appointment:
The exciting news from this appointment was that I am already 2 cm dilated!! I was a 2/3 when I went into labor with Adler so this is already more progress then with him. My OB obviously told me it’s still a little early to have baby girl so I needed to take it easy the next two weeks. That’s a little hard to do with a toddler but thank goodness for my mom! She also had me set up an appointment for next week instead of in two weeks. 

Lifestyle:
She is still high. Sleeping has gotten worse because she is still pushing everything up. Hopefully she will drop soon. We took some maternity pictures around 34 weeks. 



It was raining on Easter so we did our Easter egg hunt inside



36 weeks:
Appointment:
I am making progress which is weird because I’m not going into labor. I am now 3 cm dilated almost 4 and 50% effaced. My OB isn’t too worried if I go into labor now. I love that my body is dilating this much without having any labor pains because maybe that means my labor will be quicker but it’s also frustrating because I’m not going into labor. I wonder how long I will keep dilating and not go into labor. I also got tested for Strep B this appointment.

Lifestyle:
My BH have increased as well as some light cramping but it’s still not consistent. We have washed baby girl’s clothes (and all of ours), the bassinet bedding, washed and installed the carseat, packed our hospital bag, cleaned all of our bedding and our room. We are ready (we hope)! I had my baby shower this week and it was amazing. I’m glad I made it before giving birth! I’m also trying to take a lot of bump pictures before she comes!








37 weeks (appointment on 36 weeks and 6 days):
Appointment:
Still pregnant which is good but I’m ready to meet baby girl! I am now a solid 4 cm dilated so I’m making progress but I’m still 50% effaced. Baby girl has dropped a little but she is still high. My OB guesses that when I go into labor everything will just happen all at once and really fast. I also am negative for Strep B! Yay! 

Lifestyle:
I have been trying to think of fun things to do with Adler during these last few weeks. This weekend my old elementary school is having their fun fair and it literally is the best thing ever so we will try to take Adler. I am also trying to sleep as much as possible because I know there are sleepless nights ahead of me! 





Baby Girl we are ready for you!! Can’t wait to meet you!

1 comment:

  1. You're getting so close! With my baby girl I was dilating like crazy and was at a 6 at my 37 week appt and she came a few days later so hopefully you're almost there!! Labor was fast and relatively easy (thanks to an epidural :)) so well wishes to you and your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete