Ettley Kate is 4 months! She is getting so big and so are her cheeks! Having a little girl is so fun and I can’t wait to experience more firsts with her. Here is what Ettley Kate has been up to:
- We had her 4 month appointment and the doctor was so happy with her weight gain! She weighed 13lbs 2 ounces ( 38th percentile) and she is 24.75 inches long ( 67th percentile). She only weighs one pound more than Adler did but I think it’s safe to say she won’t be as tall as he will.
- The biggest thing is that she is rolling both ways! She rolled from her stomach to her back when she was 3 months but then kind of stopped doing it. Then at about 4 1/2 months she started rolling from her back to her stomach and her stomach to back again. She likes to roll but doesn’t really roll all over the place.
- She has really started to grab for things and she will hold on to them and usually put them right in her mouth.
- She has found her feet and eats them all the time. It is so cute!
- She loves watching Adler. She will just stare at him and smile. He probably gets the most laughs out of her which we are all jealous about. She just loves her big brother.
- She has started sitting in her Bumbo. She still leans forward a little like Adler use to but she is getting the hang on it.
- She is not a fan of her pacifier. When we give it to her she makes a gross look like “Why would you put this in my mouth?”
- She is really good at putting herself to sleep. She knows when we hold her horizontal that we are trying to get her to go to sleep and she hates it. She does so much better if we just lay her in her bed and let her fall asleep on her own. When she is ready to go to sleep she will cry and we lay her down and she falls asleep really fast.
- She is a squawker especially in quiet places. She usually does it when she is really happy. We love hearing her little voice and all the noises she makes.
- She prefers to sleep on her stomach but we only sleep her like that during naps. We are still swaddling her for bed time so she sleeps on her back.
- We feed her pears because she was constipated but she didn’t really have any reaction. She pushed the food out with her tongue so I think we will wait a little longer to try more foods.
- The doctor was very impressed with her and the milestones she is hitting. They said she is developmentally like a 7 month old! We think she is super smart but that’s because she is our child :)
We love watching Ettley grow. I can’t wait until she can say mommy. She has made me happier and I love having two kids. I love my little family and I look forward to every month with Ettley.
Here are some pictures of our Ettley girl.
She loved being outside but hated the water!
Her cheeks get bigger when she sleeps
Chillin in her bumbo
Watching Adler play
Adler at 4 months and Ettley at 4 months! I think they look very similar :)
It's so hard to get them both to look at the camera
Her profile is so pretty
Sucking her thumb
1st ride in the big girl seat
I love this skirt of hers!