Friday, September 2, 2016

Ettley’s Blessing:

Ettley Kate Rahlf was blessed on August 7th, 2016. We waited until August because we really wanted Dane’s parents to be there, home from their three year mission in the Philippines. I was so excited to have a baby girl because I was going to bless her in my baby dress but since we moved and a lot of our stuff is still in boxes I couldn’t find it. I’m really sad about this but we found her another cute dress. Hopefully we have another girl and she can wear my dress!

We did her blessing in church unlike Adler’s. Dane’s parents were there and so was his brother, Tony. I was so happy that they could be there for the blessing because it is events like this where I miss my Dad. I remember him at Adler’s blessing and I really wish he could have been there to help bless my little Ettley girl. I know he was there in spirit. My mom and Courtney were also there which I also appreciate. 


It was a beautiful blessing by Dane even though Ettley girl decided she wanted to cry during the majority of it. Dane explained that she was named after a place that he loved to visit while on his mission. He blessed her that people who were in her presence might enjoy the same beauty and companionship and to be able to hear the message of the gospel. I love being able to hear the blessings Dane gives our children and they will always hold a special place in my heart. 

The whole group (minus Tony)








Adler playing in the bushes...

Ettley with her Oma and Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment