Wednesday, December 9, 2015

WE’RE PREGNANT WITH BABY #2!!

We are so excited that we are expecting baby #2 who will be due May 5th 2016! I am currently 16 weeks pregnant and I love being in my 2nd trimester. 

Shortly after having Adler, Dane and I decided that we would like our kids about 2 years apart. I was a little nervous for this because I have heard that it can be tricky when they are young but I wanted them to be really close when they got older (Adler and the baby will be 2 years and 2 months apart). 

We were lucky that everything went according to schedule with getting pregnant. We both always have this feeling we are pregnant even before taking a test but I still waited until my missed period to take a pregnancy test. It was so hard to wait especially because we were around family a lot and somehow people always know when you are pregnant. I felt bad I had to lie to a few family members but hopefully they understood why. :) 

Last time we took the pregnancy test together, you can read that post here, but this time I decided to take one without Dane since I pretty much had a very strong feeling I was pregnant. I took the test and sure enough, pregnant! I was trying to find a creative way to tell Dane without letting my family know. We decided to go out to dinner for a midweek date and I would tell him then. This past Valentine’s day Dane gave me a whole bunch of those cheesy valentines you get in elementary school through out the day so I wanted to do something similar. I wrote Dane a whole bunch of notes and the first letter of each note spelled out WE’RE PREGNANT! I gave them to him through out dinner but about half way through he caught on and was super excited and just asked for all the notes! 


We waited a few days to tell my family because Dane’s brothers were all coming up that weekend and we thought it would be nice to tell everyone together! I was trying to think how we would tell them all day long and finally we decided we would tell everyone at dinner. We ordered pizzas and we had the pizza guy write “we are pregnant” inside the lid. Everyone was surprised and super excited. 

This picture isn't so great but you get the idea!!


We told Dane’s parents the next day over Skype. We were showing them all the things Adler could say at the time and then the last thing we had him say was “I’m going to be a big brother!”

This pregnancy has been a little different than the first one. This time around I felt nauseous pretty much all day during the first trimester. I never threw up but unlike the last pregnancy eating only took away the nausea away for 10 minutes. I was also exhausted all the time! This is probably mostly due to the fact that I was chasing around a toddler. I am still tired here and there, but it’s a lot more manageable. I had to eat every two hours and very slowly. My cravings are pizza (I literally could eat this all the time), french fries, and lots of fruit!! 

I am 18 weeks right now and my bump is finally starting to show! I can’t wait to find out the gender on the 15th of December!


We are both so excited but it’s so weird to think we are going to have 2 kids! We are eager to start this next journey of our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment