Friday, December 13, 2013

It's A Boy!!

Four days before our appointment Dane felt the baby kick for the first time!

We went to out ultrasound so ready to find out what we were having. We didn’t want to find out in the room so we brought an envelope that the ultrasound technician could put a picture and a sticky note in so we could have our own gender reveal. We got to see the baby and everything looked healthy. We left with our envelope and of course we couldn’t wait any longer. We took the picture to The Sweet Tooth Fairy and had them put either a pink or blue cupcake in a box depending on what the sticky note said. After we paid for the cupcake we decided we had to open it in the car. We opened it and filmed our reaction.



It’s a boy!! We were so surprised and so excited!! We both thought it was a girl but we are so excited that our first is a boy. I have no idea what to do with a boy but Dane does and I’m sure I will learn quickly. I just started thinking about all of the fun things I could do with a little boy. We can't wait to meet him. 

We were leaving for Virginia for Thanksgiving break the next day so we wanted to wait to tell my family in person. Melissa wasn’t going to be in Virginia for another four days so we wanted to tell her before we left. We got some blue silly string and told her we needed to come over for a few minutes. When she opened the door we attacked her with the silly string. She figured out we were having a boy and was so excited.

We thought how we would tell my family and finally decided to tell the whole family to come pick us up from the airport. When they picked us up we were both wearing blue! My family was so excited! (I didn’t get a picture of us in all blue)

For Facebook we did a smaller version of the balloons in the box. We also tied a blue ribbon on our family dog Maggie but that was just for us!


We are both so excited to have boy. I have already done some shopping and found him some cute clothes. I am glad I know it’s a boy now so I don’t have keep calling our baby an “it”.

Here are some ultrasound pictures:

It's a Boy!
His head, body and an arm up by his face



 His cute little feet! (from the bottom)
His face! He was looking right at us. He kind of looks like an alien

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you sprayed Melissa with blue silly string!! I guess there are only so many ways you can announce the gender..haha. And I love boy sonograms - they make me laugh every time! We get a nice look at their little penis..haha. I guess the ultrasound tech must have been good about not showing you that during your appt. because you probably would've noticed!

    ReplyDelete