Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Our Favorite Trips part 1: Maui Hawaii

Recently Dane and I were talking about our favorite trips that we have been on. One of my all time favorite trips was when we went to Maui, Hawaii. We went a few Christmas’ ago but since I didn’t have a blog then I thought I would blog about it now to kind of keep a journal about our experience.

This was our first time in Maui and I instantly fell in love. The Grand Wailea Hotel quickly became my favorite hotel of all time when they placed a fresh lei placed over my head. I love that tradition! The hotel was filled with tons of Christmas trees a gingerbread town and festive music. It’s surprising how lovely Christmas is with outdoor hallways to take in the beautiful scenery and breathe in the tropical air. I did not miss the snow or cold one bit!

The rooms were pristine and elegant but the best part was pool area and beach. This is the perfect resort for families because it has multiple small pools each connected by a waterslide, a rope swing, a water elevator and lots more. There were plenty of places to relax and palm trees everywhere! The breach was also amazing. I judge a beach by the texture of the sand how much of the beach is included with the resort. The sand was perfect. It flowed between my toes when I walked and it was perfect for building sand castles. There was so much space that we never felt crowded while playing in the water.

The Grand Wailea breakfast was simply wonderful. There were so many spreads that you could eat something new everyday if you wanted to or you could stick to your favorites everyday. And dining at the hotel was equally delicious.  The scallops and lobster at the Humuhumunukunukuapuaa (we learned to say it but it took a while) are to die for. The Bistro Molokini had some dang good fish and chips and the service was as warm as the weather.

After taking this trip I have 5 things that are a must do in Maui Hawaii:

1   1.    Stay at the Grand Wailea. If you can’t stay at the Grand Wailea you at least need to pay to spend a day at their pools.
2   2.    I LOVED the spa. It was been the best spa experience to date. Before your massage you get to enter this room that has a hot tub, different salt baths, pressured showers and other relaxing things to do while you wait for your massage. A few minutes before your massage you go into another room where they wash you off and scrub you down. Then you go to your massage. The massage is relaxing and the view is amazing.
3   3.     Two places that are a must eat at are Mama’s Fish House and Spago. All food in Hawaii is amazing but these two restaurants in Maui stand out above the rest. Check out a post I did about Mama’s Fish House.
4   4.    Another thing I would recommend doing in Maui is scuba diving. The diving here is amazing and if you aren’t certified this is the perfect place to do it. If you think Hawaii is gorgeous above the water, wait until you see the beauty under the sea.
5   5.    The road to Hana is also a must do when visiting. It is an amazing view and the drive is beautiful. But if you do get carsick viewing it from lower down is just as pretty as from the top. The road is very curvy. 

There are many more amazing things to do in Maui but these are just some of my favorites!

My sisters and I making a wish in the Lobby




 Scuba Diving through a cave!

 A cute little wedding chapel 

 Those yummy scallops 


The entry way (sorry it's yellow)

Water slides and pool fun










 Who doesn't love a good rope swing?






 A water elevator (taken from the Internet)


 A delicious dessert from Mama's Fish House

 The pool area (picture taken from the Internet)






Another picture of the water slides (picture taken from the Internet)






View from the spa (picture taken from the Internet)



Everybody needs to experience the amazing adventures Maui has to offer.

1 comment: