Thursday, March 17, 2016

2nd Pregnancy Update!!

I can’t believe I am already 32 weeks pregnant and that we are meeting baby girl in 8ish weeks!!   We are excited and nervous and just trying to soak up every last second with Adler. I was telling Dane that even though I am excited to meet our baby girl and become a family of 4 I am a little sad that Adler will no longer be our only child. Also, as I near the end of my 2nd pregnancy, I have learned that even though I still love being pregnant and it’s an amazing thing that I get to experience it is definitely harder when you are chasing a toddler around to really soak up all the amazing moments. We are so excited to meet baby girl and I know Adler will be an amazing big brother!

This pregnancy has also been a little different in that I started experiencing Braxton hicks contractions at 29 weeks as opposed to last time when they started around 35 weeks. I know this is normal for some people but having another pregnancy to compare it to makes me question everything. I have increased my water intake a ton and that has helped the BH not be as frequent. 


19/20 weeks: 
Appointment: This appointment was the one where I found out the gender! You can read about the appointment here

Lifestyle: I love the little bump stage (compared to my bump now). Before I found out the gender I thought it was a girl and one of my reasons was because my normal pants still fit me. This is really silly and I know it’s not true for everyone but with Adler my pants stopped fitting a lot sooner because my bump was lower. Since this bump was higher, I was wearing normal pants until I was 20 weeks. I hope this will be a sign I can look for in each pregnancy to help me know the gender earlier.







22 weeks 


22 weeks 

 24/25 weeks:
Lifestyle: I took the long flight to the Philippines. Being in the Philippines pregnant was not that difficult, but the flight was a little rough. My last pregnancy I didn’t do any international travel so I was trying to prepare for the flight by buying compression socks and planning on walking and drink a ton of water. The compression socks actually killed my feet and made them hurt more but I kept them on as long as possible. I did swell a lot in my feet and it was hard to remember to walk because I was sleeping so much. But I survived the flight and the trip was amazing!






27 weeks:
Appointment: I still get to see baby girl every appointment and I discovered it’s because my ob looks at the heartbeat instead of listening to it and I am totally ok with this! I also did the glucose test. I know most people hate this drink but I don’t think it’s too bad. If I had to drink a ton of it I would probably hate it more but the bottle is small and manageable. I passed this test with flying colors! 
Lifestyle: Back pain has started if I sit too long. I felt hiccups for the first time around 26 weeks and her kicks are getting stronger but she is still not as powerful as her brother was.




27 weeks

28 weeks:
Appointment: My ob sent me to get another ultrasound of baby girl because she said it looked like she was measuring small and even though she wasn’t concerned, she just wanted to double check. I went to the hospital to the high risk doctor and she measured baby girl’s body and limbs and said she was right on track I was just good at hiding my bump. Apparently I have a long torso. This made me feel good that I was looking small because I was feeling gigantic. I am glad baby girl is heathy and growing properly. I also got to see her in a 3D image which was cool. Sometimes I find these a little creepy but after seeing her I think she looks just like her brother! 



29 weeks:
Lifestyle: This is when my Braxton Hicks started. My stomach would get really tight and I felt nauseous this whole week. Starting to get more uncomfortable and I am always tired.
Cravings: I still love fruit! My 3rd trimester I start to really crave water and I love this! I carry my water bottle around with me everywhere which is also helpful when Adler is thirsty. 

30/31 weeks:
Appointment: My appointment was when I was 31 weeks. I am measuring 29 weeks and my BH contractions were happening frequently enough so my OB told me to drink 2-3 liters of water a day and make sure my contractions weren’t happening 10 times in an hour. I got the whooping cough shot which was freaking me out because I hate shots, but I’m glad I got it so I don’t have to worry about it. 

Lifestyle: These two weeks weren’t so great regarding contractions. I felt super nauseous, had shortness of breath and had light cramping but I didn’t experience any of the traditional signs that labor was on its way. They seemed to be happening frequently but they weren’t getting worse and changing positions helped a little so I didn’t go to the hospital. After my OB told me to drink 2-3 liters of water a day (I was probably drinking about 1) it was surprising how it calmed down my BH. I still have them but they aren’t as frequent. I love drinking water but hate how much time I spend in the bathroom. I have a feeling that baby girl will make an early appearance but maybe that is just wishful thinking (obviously I want her to come when she is healthy and ready). 

My next appointment is when I am 33 weeks and I am excited to see baby girl again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment