Monday, May 18, 2015

Tulip Festival:

I love flowers! I think I get that from my dad. He would always tell us the names of flowers and have us come over and smell them. I also try to have fresh flowers in the house and I can’t wait to have a garden of my own!

My mom and I were talking before we moved to Virginia and she was telling me about this tulip festival she had heard of where you could go and pick tulips from fields and fields of flowers. At the time I thought we would miss it and I was so sad but when we found out we were moving I told my mom the first thing I wanted to do was go to this tulip festival before they wilted. 

The festival was at Burnside Farms and was called Holland in Haymarket. The whole family minus Melissa was along with a vast field of daffodils and tulips . Since daffodils don’t last very long the weekend we went was the best to view both fields of flowers. I was in heaven! I immediately started taking pictures of everyone and everything. They gave us a basket to put all the flowers we picked in. We ended up picking about 20 tulips and 10 daffodils. 


I’ve never been to Holland but seeing all those blossoms was incredible. I would totally recommend this place to everyone and I hope to go back next year!








































Don't ask me why but I love when flowers are wrapped in brown paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment