Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Favorite Books from Adler’s Library:

We love reading together as a family and the older Adler gets the more he loves books too. When we first found out we were expecting I thought, “I need to build my library so we have tons of books to read our boy.” It was kind of overwhelming at first because there are obviously a lot of books to choose from. But we started with the basics and our favorites and once Adler was born it was fun to take trips to bookstore as a family and pick out new books. In my opinion we have found some great ones and I can’t wait to continue to grow our library. Here are some of our favorites:


Oliver Jeffers 
We love all of his books and will own all of them one day. He’s able to capture whimsy, silliness and true emotion all at once. Here are some of our favorites:

The Heart and the Bottle:
This book was Adler’s Valentine’s Day present and to be honest it made me cry. This book is a great book for anyone that has experienced loss. It really touched my heart and hit close to home for me.



Once Upon an Alphabet:
Each letter has a short paragraph so they are perfect to read when you don’t have time for a full book. Let me just say they are so funny and Dane and I each have our favorite letters.



How to Catch a Star:
This story is so cute and it just reminds you what it is like to be a child. Who doesn’t want a star?!


The Day the Crayons Quit by: Drew Daywalt and Illustrated by Oliver Jeffers 
This book is so clever! It’s letters from the crayons to their owner and it makes me excited to watch Adler color pictures and use his imagination. 



Classics
Classics from our childhood that will be timeless in our family.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle
This is one of Dane’s go-to’s. We love the iconic, innocent and colorfulness of his stories.  Adler loves it too.



You are Special by Max Lucado 
This was probably my favorite book when I little. I will admit that I even cut out my own dots and stars. This book has such a great message and I hope it sticks with Adler like it did with me. 



New Finds

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen 
This book is simple and funny. It is great for little kids because it has fantastic illustrations, few words and a great story. We also have This is Not My Hat and we love that one too! 


I Need My Monster by Amanda Noll
This is a great story about monsters under the bed and how they aren’t always a bad thing. This was actually a Christmas gift to us from Brittany. She thought we would love it and she was right. A great book for voices as a little boy meets new monsters under his bed.


The Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak
This book is genius! There are no pictures but the story definitely makes up for that. Kids love this books and parents have an adventure reading it.   



These are a few of our favorites and we are always looking for new ones to add to our library so if you have any you like let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment