Sunday, September 7, 2014

Adler is 5 Months!

I am a little late with this post but Adler is 5 months! I can’t believe it! I am trying to soak up every moment I possibly can.

Adler had his fourth month appointment a little late because we were traveling so it was a week before he turned 5 months. He got his second round of shots and he weights 13lbs and 12 ounces and he is 26 1/4 inches tall.

Adler rolls both ways! He started doing this about 4 weeks ago. I am not sure if he likes rolling I think he would much rather crawl. He is very anxious to sit on his own and crawl. He seems to be close to sitting on his own but he basically just wants to eat everything so practice sitting only lasts until he can find something to put in his mouth.


We wanted to start food with him last week but I wasn’t feeling the greatest so hopefully this next week we will start food. I am planning on making my own baby food and I am actually really excited about it. I have received the advice to start with veggies because if they get the sweet taste of fruit first sometimes it’s hard for kids to switch to veggies. We also are still debating weather or not to use rice cereal. I will totally take pictures/video of his first taste of food and post about it.

He’s been teething and drooling for months now, so we keep looking for teeth. We feel like it could be any day now, especially since he really wants to chew on everything.

He loves to sleep on his side. Most of the time when we put him in his crib he instantly rolls onto his side to sleep. It is very cute. I think he finds comfort with things touching his cheek. He also rotates all over his bed. Sometimes we go to check on him and he is sideways or his head is where his feet use to be. It’s very funny.

sorry it's a dark picture
He will hold his burp cloth near his face while he falls asleep...so cute

He has figured out how to put his pacifier in his mouth. Sometimes it takes a while to get it the right direction but he can do it! He also recognizes his bottle and just stares at it while we make it. He can hold his bottle he just can’t really tilt it up yet but hopefully he will learn soon. That will make life so much easier!

He likes to snuggle when he is tired and this makes me so happy! I hope he is snuggly when he gets older. 

He actually responds and smiles/laughs at peek a boo! A few months ago I got no reaction what so ever so I am glad he is actually starting to like it! He still laughs and smiles at the most random things and it makes me so happy. 

Probably one of the funniest things he does is say “hi”. It is a very clear “hi” but I know he has no idea he is saying it. When he was just starting to make noises I would also say “hi” in an airy voice and that would get him to start talking so that is where I think he picked it up. But like I said he has no idea what he is saying. It was really funny when we sat down on a airplane to Virginia and the man next to us said “hi little buddy” and he totally clearly said “hi” back. It caught the guy off guard and he was like “You can’t talk yet!” I can’t wait until he actually knows what he is saying. 

Here are some cute pictures of my growing boy I can’t believe at the end of this month he will be half a year old!!
















If you tickle his lower back while he is on his tummy he brings his little legs up under him


that face!


sleeping with Grandpa


At the Idaho State Fair 


And Utah's new aquarium which is so nice!

He didn't really get the concept yet but he liked it!

Adler is ready for Football!!









No comments:

Post a Comment