Thursday, August 7, 2014

Adler’s 4 months old!

Our little boy keeps getting bigger and bigger! He is experiencing a lot more firsts and it’s so fun to experience them with him. His next appointment isn’t for 2 weeks because we are traveling and couldn’t fit it in until then so I might include his stats in his 5 month post. 

Here is what’s new with Adler:

-We did take him in to get weighed to see if he was gaining good weight and see if he has acid reflux. He weighed 12 lb. 13 oz. He is now in the 9th percentile for weight but they aren’t concerned about that. They also told us that he is actually in the 80th percentile for height and that they must have measured wrong at his last appointment. 

-The biggest thing is that he is rolling over. I don’t know if I can actually claim that he is rolling yet because he will do it a ton one day and then won’t do it again for a day or two. He first did it 3 weeks ago and he rolled from his back to his tummy. Since then he has rolled from his tummy to back and back to tummy. He isn’t consistent yet but I feel like that will happen very soon.
*Since writing this post every time we put Adler on his back he rolls to his tummy! He is going to be a roller soon!

-Anyone that has met Adler knows he spits up a ton! He will spit up anywhere from 2 to 6 times after each feeding. This gets a little exhausting to deal with and I have read that it peeks at 4 months and usually goes away when he can eat food and sit up. Let’s hope that is our case. We have taken him to the doctor about acid reflux but he doesn’t cry when he spits up so I don’t think he has it. Any tips on how to deal with spitting up would be greatly appreciated. 

-Adler loves to look at everything! It is hard to feed him in new places because he gets distracted and wants to look around. He is still very curious.

-Adler also loves story time. He loves to look at all the pictures.

-He has made the move from our room to his crib at night. Dane likes it because he gets a better nights sleep (he is a very light sleeper and wakes up to any move Adler makes) I am still trying to get use to it and trying to not freak myself out.

-He talks like crazy still and his laugh is still the cutest thing. Besides being tickled the same things don’t make him laugh which keeps us acting silly to get cute laughs out of him.

-He now sits in his Bumbo but at first he seemed a little unsure. He held on to the thing in the middle and wouldn’t let go. It was very cute.


-He took his first trip that was not to Virginia or Utah. We went on a family reunion to Chicago. There he went on his first train ride, first baseball game and got his first baseball hat which is still a little big. He also met more of him extended family and hung out with my cousin Jessica’s little girl, Janie, who is exactly a month younger than him.    






I love this picture!

and this one!

He was asleep in his stroller

 -Everything goes in his mouth no matter what it is and he is really grabbing and playing with his toys. He also has found his feet! The only time he doesn’t put his hands in his mouth is when he’s falling asleep in our arms. Then, he always wants his hands on OUR mouths. I guess there is something he finds soothing about it.

-He also had his first trip to the pool! We went to an indoor play are in Orem because I was nervous to take him out in the sun before he was old enough to wear sunblock (yes, I’m a first time mom). I think he really liked it. Dane took him under a little trickle waterfall and he didn’t cry! He also loves splashing in the bath and recently in rain puddles.


These pictures turned out so cute!

Also as of August 3rd it has been a year since we found out I was pregnant! I love that we found out on my birthday and unfortunately for Dane that was the best birthday present I ever got!

A lot of my recent pictures of him have already been used in recent posts but here are a few that you haven't seen.

Mommy and son matching shoes.


Recently he has loved putting his hands on our faces/mouths. He does it a lot when he is trying to go to sleep.






We love watching Adler grow and I am still so happy and amazed that this is MY little boy. I can’t wait until he can say mommy. He has made me happier than I ever thought I would be with kids and I love him so much. I also love watching Dane interact and play with Adler. I found this quote that I love it says “ I never knew how much I loved your daddy until I saw how much he loved you”. I love my little family and I look forward to every month with Adler. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love to see him grow! He is a keeper, spitting up and all!

    ReplyDelete