Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Adler is 6 months!!

Adler is 1/2 a year old! It’s been so enjoyable to see his personality develop. He’s so curious about the world around him and everyday he makes us laugh and shows us something new. I am adding the month and weeks things happened for my own record. Here are his most recent milestones:

-The first big thing is that Adler’s spitting up has decreased a ton!! We contribute this to his sitting up and solid foods. He still spits up sometimes but it’s not nearly as much and not as often. This makes me so happy but of course because I wrote this he is going to spit up a ton. Now that he is keeping more food down I think we are feeding him too many ounces in his bottles- he hardly finishes them anymore. His acid reflux or whatever it was is also gone! These both happened right around 6 month! 
He has also been gaining weight!!

-We had his 6 month appointment and he had to get more shots :(. He weighs 15 lbs and 13 oz which is in the 13th percentile. He is 28 inches tall which is in the 89th percentile.

-The 2nd biggest thing is that Adler is sitting all on his own! He started doing this at 5 1/2 months while we were in Utah visiting my cousins. He still occasionally topples over but it’s usually because he was trying to get a toy. 





-The 3rd biggest thing is that he can army crawl every where! He’s constantly after our computers, phones and Halloween decorations. He was sort of doing it at 5 months and 1 week but he really got the hang of it at 5 months and 3 weeks. Sometimes he will get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth. I wonder if he will start crawling soon. I am sort of looking forward to this and not at the same time. He is so curious that when he can crawl I know he will be non-stop and want to get down every where! 


-We introduced him to his first solids with some sweet potatoes around 5 months and 2 weeks.  After getting a lot of advice from people we decided to skip rice cereal/oatmeal and go straight to food. He didn’t really have a reaction, he seemed mostly interested in the spoon. He will eat most of his food and is getting better at swallowing his food.


-I am also making all my own baby food which is a lot of fun right now but we will see how long it lasts!

-He can hold his own bottle which makes my life easier! He started doing this at 5 months and 1 week and has gotten better and better. Sometimes he still drips it all over his face. 


-At 5 1/2 months he started sucking his thumb longer. It is the cutest thing. I haven’t gotten a picture of it though because every time I pull out my phone to take a picture he gets distracted and just wants to eat my phone.

-He is still very curious and wants to eat everything.

-We play peek-a-boo a lot and he has started pulling off my hand from my eyes when I say “where’s mommy?” It’s so cute and I love that he is more interactive with his playing. 

- At 6 months and 1 week he has started spitting and making noises with his mouth. He sticks his little tough out when he spits and it is the cutest thing ever! I probably will hate that he does this later on but right now it’s adorable. He is also talking, laughing and smiling a ton still. 


We’re so excited for how much he has learned to do, but at the same time we want him to slow down! It will be all to soon that he is walking and talking and getting way too old. We’re trying to savor every day and moment.
Mommy kisses 


playing with Dad

This is a sleepy boy

He likes to chew on cups...glass ones taste better

Adler's first trip to a pumpkin farm...We had fun but Idaho is windy!





Our Family photos/christmas card pictures turned out great! I can't wait to send out our 1st Christmas card with my favorite picture!

6 Month photo shoot
Cute hat at lunch with daddy

waiting at the doctor 

At a high school football game! A football lover in the making




1 comment:

  1. You are such a good mommy to take such wonderful photos every month!

    ReplyDelete